Scheduling Your First Appointment:
Returning and New patients who are being referred by their physicians may request Dr. Ahlering directly. Patients without referrals should call about the availability of clinic visits. When calling for an appointment please have the following information available:
* Name and phone number of referring doctor
* Diagnosis and pertinent laboratory information
Administrative Assistants: Lydia Cruz-Reyes & Anna Rodriguez (Meet Our Staff)
Appointments & Information Call:
Monday-Friday (9am - 3:45pm): (714) 456-6068Saturday-Sunday: please contact Lydia directly (714) firstname.lastname@example.org
or Anna directly email@example.com
What to Bring:
In order for us to best serve you, we request the following materials to be faxed, or mailed by Fed-EX, UPS or DHL with signature confirmation required and/or physically brought into the urology office prior to scheduling the consult appointment. This will allow the physician's time to review your medical records. These materials will be filed as a part of your medical records at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Department of Urology. If you are going to schedule surgery, we will also need pathology slides. Please arrive 30 minutes early in order to allow sufficient time to complete the registration process. Reminder- with Dr. Ahlering's visits payment is due at the time service is rendered.
Please FAX the following or hand-carry 1 day before your appointment:
* Consult history and physical notes from referring physician
* Pathology report from biopsy
* Ultrasound of prostate, need volume of prostate
* Copies of reports from all imaging studies if done:
can include a Bone Scan, CT Scan of abdomen and pelvis, MRI
* History of PSA
* Epic CP
* Copy of insurance card, front & back
* Name, Address, and Phone number of referring physician
* List of current medications
* Pathology slides, if done outside of UC Irvine facility, need to be Fed-Ex'd or hand carried directly to our Department (only if scheduling surgery)
* If you have an old EKG, CHEST X-RAY, Stress Test, Echo, Pulmonary Function Test, etc., these will be helpful for the anesthesiologist when scheduling surgery, though not essential.
* Please print forms 1-13, and email or fax back the following questionnaire forms 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7 & 8 (for items 6 , 7 & 8 only provide your signature on the 2nd sheet). Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.